Sunday, January 11, 2009

week 1 :)

Tiring. Yup. One word. The first week of 2009 has just flew by. Way too fast if you asked me. Waking up early after weeks of sleeping in till noon sucks tho. Apart from that and the fact that I can't be with her for long hours, the week went ok laa :)

I'm currently attached to two doctors : Dr. Alif Carr (Orthopedic Dept. at GH) and Dr. Soe Aung (GP at Perak Road Clinic). Although it has just been a week, I've learnt much from them. Not so much the treating of cases but more of a brief insight into medicine and life as doctors. And so far, I would say that medicine is not all that stressful; in my opinion it actually alternates between depression and satisfaction. Depression that there are sooo MANY sick people in the world and satisfaction for the fact that I know that by being a doctor, I'll be able to help these helpless sick people feel better.

In my two visits to GH so far, the Ortho Dept. is sardine-packed each time and according to Dr. Alif it has been like that since he started practising. Sigh. I'm there by 8 and by 11ish approximately 140+ patients have been treated with god knows how many more waiting outside. Depressing?? Thought so.

And with Dr. Soe Aung it's different as in his patients are usually old people who actually have just a slight fever/cough/flu but they think that the end of the world is imminent. And there isn't actually much point in trying to explain to them as they would just take that the doctor is just trying to make them feel better. Sigh.

Oh well. That was my first week being attached to the doctors. Lou poh and I have just volunteered ourselves to Mount Miriam Hospital too. And the best thing about this coming week is that lou poh's gonna be with me when I'm with Dr. Soe :)

And to all those who have sat for either AS or A2 exams last Oct/Nov, we have 10 days to results day!! Whee!! I'm so gonna die!! Whee!! 10 days wei!! *shoutsoutalongstringofexpletives* Argh!! Sepuluh hari!! *dies*

No comments: