It's been a week since I started off at Chili's! How time flies wei! That being said, I've only worked 4days out of the 7. Learned loads. Menu knowledge is just too much to master tho'. You see, to go "solo" and have one's own ID at Chili's, one must have to pass 5 tests on menu knowledge i.e. what burger comes with what cheese and what garnishing goes with what salad bla bla bla. And the effed up part is that the passing mark is 90%! Yup! A tad high for a food server dun ya think? and there's loads more to learn. Everyday I start work thinking that I know my stuff and here comes along a customer who wants extra of this/don't want that/substituting sides. And then I scratch my head and press press press the many many buttons on the screen hoping I keyed in the right order. Made many new friends too. Managers are not all that bad. Can't say the same about the trainee manager tho' xD. I'm off tomorrow and tomorrow shall be a wonderful day! Can't wait! ^^
Signing off,
not-so-noobie ChiliHead!
No comments:
Post a Comment