Yo everyone! How's everything? I know you might think that this blog has gone into yet another prolonged axile but fret not, it hasn't! It's just that both Khy Ching and me have been pretty busy to say the least here in Dublin. There's the settling in, buying stuff, cooking food (cos everything's so insanely overpriced here!), getting bank errands done, immigration crap and of course there's this one tiny thing we call studying! Trust me, it ain't called med school for nothing. To top all of that up, both of us gatal gatal go join soo banyak activities! To name a few, we joined badminton, ping pong, archery, PMCSA (Penang Medical College Students' Association). Yeah! So as you can imagine, time is very very scarce right now. A thousand apologies to all of you!
First of all, we're settling in quite well I would say. Adapted rather quickly! Which is good! But I do miss Penang much. The people! Family! And of course the world-renowned Pg food! Oh damn I miss it! Nasi kandar! Mee goreng! Ice kacang! Satay! Wan than mee! Nasi lemak! The thought of it wei! Like! Wth! I'm hungry now! :( Anyway, talking about food.....just so you know, neither of us have put on weight I think! But I'm also not sure that we lost any :S
The weather here has been kind to us. Hasn't been raining much! But it has been cold nontheless! Temperatures have scrapped a high of probably 12-13 I would say and usually hovers around sub10 temperatures for most days. Once the weather forecast said it was summin like 2 or 3 but I find it hard to believe considering I didn't shiver or anything like that! :D
And if there is ever one word to describe the Irish working ppl, then it would be INEFFICIENT! Like where else in the world would you find ppl needing to wake up at 3/4 in the morning just so that we can start queueing up outside the immigration office (its called the Garda btw) at 5am! This is so as they only entertain summin like 300 ppl in one day and apparently everyone wants to be in Ireland, for one reason or another! So we queue-d outside the Garda at 5am sharp and waited like dungus in the cold, mind you it was by the river!, till 8.30 when they handed us "student numbers". Yeah, even if you're first in line, if you're a student, you'll have to wait for ALL the adults to enter before you get your student number. Like wtf right? Students are being treated like second-class citizens! And we're paying the most money! Cibit right?! Anyway, we had to do it and finally had it done by 11.30 in the morning. Imagine that! You wake up at 4, walk all the way (approx. 20 min walk) there, stand in the freaking cold trying to tahan, pay 150euros!!!!!, and wait for 6 and a half freaking hours before you get permission to be in Ireland! Like omgwtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is tons to study! Like seriously! Now I know what Niresh and Anand meant when I asked them "how is uni?" only for them to say that "f**k college man, college is easy sh*t!"! The amount that we have to study is wayyyy more than college! Lectures are short (2hrs on some days, 3/4 on other days) but the amount of additional study that is required! One can easily go mental! No kidding!
It's almost 4am now. Gotta go study d! Gonna use an electrical saw to saw off someone's bone later! ^^ Sorry about the absence of pictures! Can't find my camera just yet! But pictures will be up real soon! And by real soon, I don't mean a week or so. Just a couple of days! :D I hope all of you are fine! Fill me in with updates! We could chat through skype! Once again, sorry about the lack of updates! Take care all!
First-yr RCSI-an,
Kit
No comments:
Post a Comment