Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Scotland.

Edinburgh and Glasgow to be exact! And boy it was cold! Way way colder than Dublin! If I'm not wrong, temp. never topped -7! Brrrr! Had our first experience of snow! And the snow was heavy too! Blanketing most of Edinburgh! Left for Edinburgh almost immediately after classes ended. Much needed reprieve before stepping on the gas all the way till our last paper! I'll upload pics! They say a picture says a thousand words. I concur. Enjoy!

A view of Edinburgh Castle from behind! I like this shot!

Covered in snow! Edinburgh Castle in the background!

This was when snow started coming down! :)

Left to Right : Derrick, Stephen, Me. Buat bodoh trying to taste snow! Typical Malaysian lah! xD

A random street in Edinburgh! Rich architecture such as these are in abundance throughout Edinburgh!

A view of Edinburgh from inside the castle!

Us with Edinburgh city in the background!

Edinburgh Castle upfront!

Baby with castle's canon! These were actually used a LONG, LONG time ago to protect the castle!

Another shot with a canon! This one's much bigger than the rest tho!

Me peering into the canon!
Within the Castle!

Me! Playing guard! Serious eh?!

Friendly guard! :P

Stoned guard! xD

Pretty window panels! Would have been nicer had the sunlight been a tad stronger!

A shot of Edinburgh in the evening!

Another shot of Edinburgh! I'm just in awe of the architecture on display!

One of our meals in Edinburgh! I had a Roast Beef order while baby had Chicken with Haggis! For those of you who don't know, Haggis is Scotland's traditional dish. Wouldn't wanna scare you off from trying Haggis! But if you wanna know more, there's always wiki! ;)

A closer look at Chicken with Haggis!

Our dessert! Damn this was good! I'm hungry now! :(

Ah Girl on the Royal Mile!

Derrick and Stephen showing their disappointment post-haggis!

Picture 1. Us about to begin the whiskey-making tour!

Picture 2. EngKeat and Eleanor about to start theirs!

Picture 3. Derrick and Stephen beginning theirs! Still not over their disappointment about their haggis experience I guess!

Inside the Scotch Whiskey Experience! A whole room full of whiskey! Spectacular would definitely be an understatement!

A closer look at some of them!

Girl with her whiskey!

Me with my whiskey!

The two oldest bottles of whiskey in the collection! They can still be drunk in case you were wondering!

Us at the bar after the whiskey tour was over!

The signage at our hostel! Creative!

Us when the snow came down really really heavily!

Group pic before we left Edinburgh for Glasgow!

Not to be completely outdone by Edinburgh, Glasgow has its own architectural works of art! This used to be the City Hall? Or Bank I think!

From inside a church in Glasgow!

The best meal in my opinion throughout the entire trip! Dinner at Glasgow! Had half a kg of mussels! It was simply magnificent! How I wish Dublin has one!

A shot of their oysters! Taste superb too!

The Mussel Inn! Yummy!!!!!!!!

And that concludes our Scotland trip! Hope you guys had fun looking at all the pics! Will be back with more! Lots more! For now, I'm off to bed! Selamat malam! xD





No comments: